Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Safeway (4495 First Street) - Livermore, CA


Safeway
4495 First St.
Livermore, CA 94551
(925) 455-2520
safeway.com



One thing I learned about Safeway's wine pricing today was that this bottle of wine on the right (with the wolf head) sells for $10.00 at the winery (Kenwood Vineyard) because I bought a couple of bottles just last weekend. So think about that next time you think about buying wine at Safeway! :)



Another "interesting" thing I learned is that I was told by a Caucasian female employee/supervisor of the Safeway Deli (in a very rude manner) that taking photographs of the deli is illegal! Huh??? Apparently, I must have missed the sign out front next to "No Pets Allowed" that said "No Cameras Allowed" - NOT!

Anyway, this rude female employee actually went and got the Hispanic male manager to come out of his office in the front of the store and tell me that I was not allowed to take photographs in the store. Well, if he was going to try to take away my camera, I had already thought of holding it up high above my head...he'd never be able to reach it then!

So...here are my "illegally obtained" photos of the Safeway Deli in this top-security grocery store that I managed to escape from without personal injury or confiscation of personal property:



Anyway, after sharing a sandwich from Tommie's Deli earlier today, we compared the Safeway sandwich we shared (chicken, provolone, olive tapenade, artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers). Tommie's wasn't really hard to beat at all and Safeway did have the better sandwich of the two...but they still get one star for the overpriced wine and camera fiasco...plus all the tables in Safeway's "cafe seating" area were filthy, so we didn't even eat there. So much for this Livermore Safeway being Safeway's "flagship" store...

1 comment:

  1. I love your sence of hummor, just dont review my spelling and I think we can be friends, jk I like the reviews, pretty spot on :)

    ReplyDelete