Locations of visitors to this page

Monday, February 16, 2009

Mikuni Japanese Restaurant - Roseville, CA


Mikuni Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
1565 Eureka Rd
Roseville, CA 95661
(916) 797-2112
mikunisushi.com

Love their Marilyn Monroll...but I REALLY love their 12 o'clock (it's basically a couple of decorated raw oysters) which is my #1 reason to go to Mikuni. In all honesty, I couldn't recommend Mikuni if you're looking for an authentic sushi restaurant with top-quality fish...it's more of a "fun" place with "beautiful" rolls smothered in sauces that disguise the flavor of the fish. Don't get me wrong, I still like Mikuni but only for their 12 o'clock and foo-foo rolls. :)

Mikuni's in Roseville has a convenient location next to the movie theaters on Eureka Road and ample parking. Crowded sometimes, but only during hours that you'd expect most restaurants to be busy. Friendly staff, lively atmosphere, specialty rolls are a little on the pricey side.

You can spin the wheel of fortune on your birthday. One year I won a bag of rice, another year I got a marble soda.

I'll miss their 12 o'clocks because no matter how much I like them, it's definitely not worth a two-hour drive "just" for that. But if I'm in the area, I wouldn't hesitate to stop there!

Mikuni Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar (Roseville) on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I always grab dinner here before a movie. I'm not a huge fish fan and I love the sauces they use..it's too bad they don't sell it by the jar :)

    ReplyDelete