Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mimi's Cafe - Dublin, CA


Mimi's Cafe
4775 Hacienda Dr
Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 833-2521
mimiscafe.com

Although I've never been too fond of Mimis Cafe in the past, DH and I discovered a year ago that they serve breakfast and not only that but they serve breakfast all day long...never knew that before!

The Homemade Corned Beef Hash & Eggs breakfast is my favorite chain restaurant breakfast, with a tall glass ($1.00 extra) of freshly squeezed orange juice and a carrot raisin muffin (both are included in the $8.49 price).

I do NOT recommend the Mimi's Originial Pain Perdu breakfast...their French Toast stuffed with cream cheese and orange marmalade and sprinkled with powdered sugar is NOT as good as it sounds. Trust me, I couldn't even finish this dish and I was hungry!

My favorite "Just Enough Dinner" entree is the Salisbury Steak with mushrooms...mmm, comfort food! Since I'm a slow eater, I ask for more gravy when I run out, which at the same time warms up the second half of my meal. :)

I've only tried one dish from the "Just Enough Lunch" which is the Greek Chicken Bowl...I couldn't even finish it, despite my hunger, because it was pretty darn tasteless. I ate the muffin and I was good.

Their French Market Onion Soup is very typical and quite delicious. Avoid the Hand Bread Chicken Tenders appetizer, though, it's mostly greasy crunch with tiny, tough chicken...yuk.

5 stars for the corned beef hash, carrot raisin muffin and o.j.
Deduct 1/2 star for the greek chicken bowl and chicken tenders.
Deduct 1/2 star because I just found out they no longer serve breakfast all day...only till 4pm.

TIP #1: Sometimes your receipt prints with a "Complimentary Appetizer" survey on it and it's very quick to complete online (but you can also call an 800 number). Remember, do NOT order the chicken tenders when you go for your free appetizer.

TIP #2: Join Mimi's Cafe e-Club and get a free breakfast!

TIP #3: This is my favorite cheap, light eat here: Plain caesar salad w/muffin $3.80 + a cup of french onion soup add-on $1.29 = $5.09. The muffin is tomorrow's breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment